Editorial Intern at The BraiserBookmark This
New York, NY
DescriptionAbrams Media is looking for an intern for our chef-focused site, The Braiser. Candidates should be obsessed with food and restaurant culture, watch the Food Network religiously, and know the name and resume of each celebrity chef by heart. We are looking for a strong writer who is as excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced, new media environment as they are by the season premiere of Top Chef.
ResponsibilitiesYou will be working directly with our editors to research and produce content for the site.
Requirements- Strong writing and research skills, transcription abilities
- Working knowledge of food media, reality television, and/or industry (people who want to eat for fun, this job is not for you)
- Must be able to name favorite chef Twitter feed in cover letter, and why
- Sharp sense of humor and social awareness of pop culture and/or current events.
- Social Media/SEO/Wordpress/graphic design knowledge
- Suited to high-energy, fast-paced work; can keep up with the speed of the news cycle
- Proactive desire to learn, while also taking direction