Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
50 Hurt Plaza SE
DescriptionThe Veterans Center non-profit organization dedicated helping military veterans whom are disabled, disadvantaged and homeless throughout the State of Georgia. It is our mission and purpose to help all veterans in need of assistance in the Metro Atlanta area.
The Veterans Center looking for a dynamic and energetic Intern. The Veterans Center understand that our veterans are in need of assistance, therefore we are requesting for intern to help us fulfill our purpose to the community. This program will teach interns practical skills and knowledge that will help them in their future careers and contribute to their resume. The majority of the work can be done from home and on your schedule. It is estimated that each intern will have about 10 hours of work each work, although this may vary. After successful completion of the program, each intern will receive a letter of recommendation outlining the work they have completed and their particular strengths in the course.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus