Marketing/PR InternUrbanEdge Publishing
Editorial / Journalism InternLfl Records
Print Journalism Fall InternshipSan Diego Community News Network
Creative writing and editing mature (erotic) fiction/novel – virtual internship; work from anywhereSpice Fiction
Food Writer/Reviewer for Entertainment/Lifestyle PublicationDeviate Publishing
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Minus The Box Magazine
Start Date August 18, 2014
End Date December 19, 2014
About Minus The Box:
Minus The Box is a growing online community of wholehearted seekers. Our main objective is to create a safe haven for unique and uplifting discussions. A young and ambitious start-up, Minus The Box is rapidly becoming the place to go for daily inspiration and motivation.
About The Position:
All editorial interns will work on writing and promoting the daily editorial content of Minus The Box. Editorial interns spend most of their time researching story leads and facts on the Internet, writing, fact-checking, copy-editing, and reviewing editorial submissions and correspondence.
Each intern is required to submit three articles (<1,000 words) per week and one feature (>1,000 words) per month.
We are looking for interns with exceptional writing and editing skills, sharp analytic skills, meticulous attention to detail and factual accuracy, and familiarity with Microsoft Office, database programs and Internet research.
Send a resume and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Editorial Intern" in the subject field.
Responsibilities- Submit three articles (<1,000 words) per week and one feature (>1,000 words) per month.
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, copy-editing, fact checking, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Professional, Recent Graduate, Graduate Student, Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in art, health, science, social science, journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance