Editing And ProofreadingTeleTech
Copy Writer/Editor InternThe Productivity Experts
Medical Tech Article CopywritingMedical Distribution Network
Editorial / Journalism InternComing Out of Bondage
Political Columnist - PolitiNationPolitiNation
Interns Wanted for Popular Travel BlogA Backpackers Tale
Grant Writer InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Posted: August 28 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionInglewood Today is a weekly community newspaper and website serving the Inglewood/Los Angeles area.
Our content covers community, business, health, entertainment, and political news. Our focus is about 70% local/15% national/15% generic.
In business for 20 years, Inglewood Today is the longest standing news source in the City of Inglewood. Because of our local slant, we are looking for writers who are familiar with the Inglewood community and its middle class, African American/Latino demographic. At least half of our readers are 40 and older.
We are looking for individuals with strong writing skills, who are familiar with journalistic style. Most of your work can be done remotely, but we would need you to occasionally cover a story in person. Except for our weekly Tuesday deadline, the hours are flexible.
You will have plenty of opportunity to be published each week and build a solid portfolio of your writing while you are still in college. There will also be opportunities to cover special entertainment events. If you have any fresh ideas for making our newspaper or website better, we would love to hear them.
Please send your resume and 2-3 of your best writing samples to email@example.com. The website is www.inglewoodtoday.com.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports; .
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements-Familiar with the Inglewood community and Inglewood Today audience (see above)
- Conduct phone, email and face-to-face interviews
- General knowledge of AP style
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word
- Meeting weekly deadline
-Strong editing/proofreading skills