FUNDRAISING/Grant Writing Intern needed at The Women's Spirit CenterBookmark This
The Women's Spirit Center
1112 Montana avenue, Suite D
Santa Monica, CA
The Women's Spirit Center is a non profit organization dedicated to supporting women in nurturing Wellbeing and pursuing their personal dreams for life.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities include preparation of proposals and grant applications, and performance of responsible professional and administrative work in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities in the areas of Women, Health, Addiction Prevention, and Education. Qualified candidates should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, Access, Powerpoint and Excel), and database management skills. The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record in securing new funding opportunities; comprehensive knowledge of research, and the ability to distinguish and identify funding opportunities for special programs. Work is performed under broad direction of the Director with the majority of work performed independently.
• Researches and identifies new government and private funding prospects
• Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to solicitations
• Generates revenues for agency programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well written and well-documented fund-raising proposals
• Maintains and implements funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities
• Writes reports to government, foundations and other funders
• Identifies funding opportunities and new program areas to match institutional priorities, using research tools.
• Serves as a liaison to all funding agencies or organizations
• Engages with program officers at organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals.
• Special projects as needed
* Please respond with a short paragraph as to what strategies you would use to apply for funding for a non profit organization such as ours.