Freelance writer/Contributing bloggerBookmark This
We're looking for contributing writers to contribute to our online magazine and writing platform, scheduled to February 15, 2014. We need talented people to write entertaining, sharp and original articles that will cover topics in any one or more of the following industry segments
1. Art and Design (e.g. art reviews, DIY home or event décor ideas, etc)
3. Literature (e.g book reviews, etc.)
4. Music and Entertainment (TV recap, movie or music reviews, etc)
5. Public Relations (tools to grow your brand online, tips and tricks for pr professionals, etc)
7. Technology & Innovation
8. Events (particularly those to pertain to Music Entertainment, Art & Design, Literature, Fashion, Public Relations, Sports and Technology & Innovation)
ResponsibilitiesWhat we expect from our contributing writers
1. A minimum of one 250-300 word article per day.
2. We need you to advise and/or inform, report, enlighten, give thoughtful analysis, entertain our readers and start conversations.
3. Your success as a blogger is up to you. The more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it.
Writing for a platform like ours can be your gateway to get plenty of assignments for qualified writers and/or aspiring journalists. Aspiring journalists can be rest assured that they will receive feedback on their writing from someone in the editorial team.
Writing for us is on a voluntary and unpaid contributor basis, but we do also offer a bonus revenue-share scheme for writers who attract large numbers of traction to their articles such as page views, re-shares on social media and positive and/or constructive comments for their stories on the blog site.
How to apply
If you’re interested, please send relevant examples of your writing to email@example.com- no resumes or CVs please unless you do not have a published story. Also, include the following in your submission:
1. The area/s of news stories above that interest you the most?
2. How long have you been writing and/or been published?
3. Your blog URL, if you have one?
RequirementsWho is this opportunity for?
Individuals who are
1. looking for a great platform to jumpstart their writing career or a career in communications and/or PR;
2. voracious consumers of the news and are looking for a platform to express their opinions of these news stories;
3. writing for a blog already, have a great style but want to reach a larger audience—Contributing Writers can link to their own Blogs (if they have one) from the articles they submit, and they will also have a blog on our site as well;
4. just looking for the opportunity to say that they are a published writer or blogger.
5. searching for a credible platform that they can leverage to interview celebrities, cover red carpet events, attend and review upcoming movies, or participate in and cover premiere events?