Freelancing Children’s Story WriterThumos Ltd
Translator and Writer for Chinese Language, Culture and Society WebsiteChinese Connects
Marketing Content WriterBranch Out Online Marketing
Writing (with some Social Media) InternSocially Shoppable
Foreign Language/Travel BloggerLearn That Language Now, LLC
Grant WriterBookmark This
It Takes A Village To Mentor inc
It Takes a Village to Mentor, Inc. is a 501c3 non for profit organization that works to promote career opportunity awareness, improvements in academics, and positive self-confidence by providing access to motivational speakers, tutors, and career mentors with a focus on youth between the ages of 12-18. Through these programs, our tax exempt organization provides incentives for improvement in academics and consequently in hopes to improve graduation rates.
The organization will implement a variety of programs in order to provide the aforementioned incentives for students attending local public schools that are at risk of closing due to falling graduation rates. Mainly, the organization will act as a referral service for students in need of mentoring and tutoring services
Responsibilities• The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear, concise and compelling manner. Excellent writing and analytical skills are essential.
• Candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience using online databases and other sources for prospect research.
• A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with Donor Perfect or other relational database, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
• Candidate must possess an ability to work well under pressure, synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct manner.
• Possess a solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
RequirementsThe Grant Writer’s primary goals are to assist It takes a village to mentor, by completing and submitting application for private or federal grants available to the foundation. This will include preparing proposals and completing grant applications to assist the foundation in obtaining needed finances to continue stated mission.
• Research and identify available government and private funding opportunities.
• Maintain knowledge of proper protocols and all relevant local, federal, and state guidelines required for the proper proposal submission process.
• Generate revenues for foundation programs and services through submission of researched, well- written, and well-documented fund-raising proposals.
• Generate proposals and all required supporting documents in response to solicitations.
• Write reports to foundation, government, and other funders of the foundation.
• Create and maintain funding calendar activities for foundation.
• Maintain communication on progress of obtained grants with project managers and executive staff.