Have Fun-Associate Editor/writer Needed P-T For Curvy Girl-Plus Sized Lifestyle E-newslettercurvy girl publishing
VitaSoul, Art & Cultural, Inspiration - Interns WantedMinus The Box Magazine
Writer to co-write a TV ShowPAJAMA TIME
Content contributor, social/political bloggerDemocratic Voices
Looking for a reliable intern for an Online Business Lifestyle Magazine359 Magazine
Grant Writer Intern (Virtual)Bookmark This
DescriptionGamerFitNation Inc. (www.GamerFitNation.com) is a brand for gamers of all ages who want to gain greater control over their physical, psychological and emotional lives. We provide gamers information geared towards bettering their lives through health, nutrition, video games and fitness. We also offer information on gaming news, lifestyle, video game technology and more.
Please note this is a non-paid virtual internship. As such you should have access to a computer, internet, email and/or Skype.
We are looking for a grant writer to research grant funding, write proposals and complete grant applications in order to secure financial support that complement our organization’s needs. This intern must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be proficient in research, interpreting, and analyzing diverse data and possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team, without the need for constant micro-management and timing reminders.
This is a great opportunity that will pave the way for you to gain relevant, industry experience to build your resume!
Responsibilities- Conducting prospect research to identify new sources of support.
- Engage with program officers at organizations to submit proposals.
- Generate revenue for company programs through timely submission of well researched, well written and well documented grant/fund-raising proposals.
- Writing clear, concise, and compelling letters of inquiry, proposals, concept papers, and reports; to grant making organizations.
- Assembling complete grant application packages for submission.
- Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to supply additional supportive material.
- Engages with program officers at organizations to solicit invitations to submit proposals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements- Grant writing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the funding and foundation world preferred.
- Excellent research skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including superior writing skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records.
- A dedicated work ethic and a readiness to be a hands-on team member.
- Computer Skills: Experience with and knowledge of computer operation; knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.