Creative Writing / MarketingMark Russell Clothing
Blog Post Writing - 300 Words Per Article - Simple Blogging InstructionsProperty Handlers Real Estate
Website Copy Development and Management in WordpressIT Strategic Services Group, Inc.
Looking for Writing intern for a Leading Health, Fitness, and Biohacking siteAmeerrosic
Grant WritingBookmark This
The Masakhane Center
PO BOX 1494
DescriptionGrant writing interns will be responsible for seeing new opportunities to secure funding for The Masakhane Center. This unpaid internship is a great opportunity to participate in critical areas of fundraising, experience which is central to all nonprofit organizations, while having the opportunity to build strong community connections.
All interns are required to work a minimum of 10 hours per week and be available between the hours of 8am and 6pm on either Tuesdays or Thursdays. The (non-negotiable) dates of the internship are:
• FALL INTERNSHIP: September 2, 2014 to December 18, 2014
• SPRING INTERNSHIP: January 6, 2015 to May 14, 2015
Applications are due at least three weeks prior to the start of the internship (see start dates under the schedule). To apply, please email 1) resume, 2) cover letter, and 3) application to Stephanie Franklin at email@example.com with Grant Writing Internship as the subject line. Only those selected for an interview are contacted (usually within 48 hours). Applications can be found on our website (www.masakhanecenter.org).
Responsibilities• Prospect identification, research, proposal development and writing in conjunction with faculty, staff and volunteers.
• Find and research new sources of funding that serve as a good fit with Masakhane’s mission and values.
• Seek new and creative fund development opportunities; put a process in place to take advantage of those opportunities.
• Assist in campaigns and fundraising events.
• Research and write development materials.
• Attend regularly scheduled Board Meetings as needed.
• Create monthly written Fund Development reports for the Board Meetings.
• Assist with donor outreach and cultivation.
RequirementsIDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
• A commitment to Masakhane’s mission.
• Previous experience in research and/or grant writing preferred.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative to bring work to completion.
• Excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing, phone and organizational skills.
• Microsoft Office experience required.
• Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions.
• Ability to prepare basic reports and use appropriate modes of communication.
• Strong advocate for reproductive justice, LGBTQIA rights, and sex positive education.
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, meet timelines, and respond accurately and quickly to immediate needs in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to travel throughout Newark, NJ. Living in or around Newark is a plus but not a requirement.
*We prefer our interns to use this as part of a credit bearing course, but those not seeking credit as also encouraged to apply.