Health Writing InternshipBookmark This
DescriptionWe are seeking an exciting internship opportunity for students studying or hoping to gain experience working with a women’s health and wellness website. Our intern will have the opportunity to produce high quality articles surrounding the ever-changing world of women’s health and wellness.
EmpowHER’s interns must have excellent personal management skills; organizational skills; ability to think creatively; creative writing skills; an understanding of standard grammar and strong proofreading skills; the ability to improve written material for consistency, clarity and flow as well as sentence structure, grammar, spelling, punctuation, knowledge of the Associated Press writing style, fact-checking and research.
EmpowHER is an award-winning social health company for women. EmpowHER.com provides visitors access to one of the largest women's health and wellness content libraries on the web, as well as the largest online community of women discussing their health and wellness issues. EmpowHER promotes a "24 Hour Promise" to its visitors, who can come to the site, ask any health question and receive a response within 24 hours. Millions of women visit EmpowHER.com every year, making it one of the largest and fastest-growing resources dedicated exclusively to women's health and wellness.
• Write and edit original health, wellness and medical articles in accordance with The Associated Press style guide and EmpowHER standards;
• Work with editors to brainstorm topics relevant to women’s health, general health news, national health observances and EmpowHER’s editorial calendar;
• Choose and size photos relevant to content;
• Manage deadlines and deliverables for content campaign execution;
• Work with EmpowHER’s marketing and editorial team to promote and publish content on the site and across social media channels.
• Must be able to provide 3-5 writing samples;
• Must have a working knowledge of the Associated Press Style Guide;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Have the ability to write 3-5 articles each month.