Marketing & Education InternBookmark This
Community Environmental Council
26 W Anapamu St, Second Floor
Santa Barbara, CA
DescriptionThe Community Environmental Council (CEC) is a non-profit organization that works to identify, advocate, raise awareness, and develop effective programs to solve the most pressing environmental issues that affect the Santa Barbara region. We currently focus all of our energy on building a community-based movement that transitions the region off of fossil fuels in one generation. CEC also hosts the Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival. We are looking for interns to develop content for our blog, Powered for Good.
ResponsibilitiesThis position involves writing articles, conducting interviews with local citizens, email correspondence with potential interviewees, and coordinating photography needs. The position is writing intensive and requires someone who has previous journalistic experience (e.g. student newspapers or magazines, etc.).
RequirementsCandidate MUST have:
- 10-15 hours of week day availability
- A laptop
- Attentive to detail
- Able to work independently
- A good writer and researcher
- Willing to learn, ask questions and provide feedback
- Experience with writing for publication (student newspaper or other publication)
- Students seeking a minor in “Professional Writing”