Movie, TV, Books, Games and Comics Review Writer for an Online Sci-Fi Magazine (Internet Position!)Bookmark This
DescriptionWhat Is This About?
We're an online sci-fi magazine, and we are looking for someone who is passionate about writing. Preferably interested in movies, TV shows, video games or comics. If you're a sci-fi or fantasy fan that would be great.
What's In It For Me? (not necessarily in order of importance)
1) We will be a VERY favorable reference on your resume. Willing to sing your praises by phone, e-mail or carrier pigeon!
2) A very strong letter of recommendation. We can also write customized letters of recommendation upon your request when you're applying to a specific employer.
3) Valuable experience writing for a real, popular and FUN online sci-fi magazine!
4) You will be a published author and will receive credit for all your works.
5) Experience with day-to-day operations of an online publishing business, including content, traffic and monetization.
This position is 100% Internet based. Which means you're free to do what you love (writing) in your pajamas, anywhere in the world while snacking on Cheetos and listening to death metal (if that's your thing)! Each week, you will be asked to write 4 quality articles or reviews. Estimated total time commitment: 7 hours per week. You don't need to come to some lame office every day - we're about freedom and results!
ResponsibilitiesWhat Will I Be Having Fun With?
Your task will be to write reviews of new and exciting sci-fi or fantasy movies, TV shows, books, video games and comics. Top 10 lists are also very popular with our readers.
Sample article titles:
"New Star Wars Episode a Flop?"
"Top 10 Sci-Fi Movie Gadgets"
"Top 5 Fantasy Video Games of 2012"
"June 2012 New Sci-Fi Books Roundup"
RequirementsIdeal candidate loves to write. An existing or in-progress degree in English, Literature, Arts, Journalism, or Communications is certainly a plus but not a requirement.
You must be able to research and write pieces on assigned subjects, as well as come up with exciting topics and pieces on their own. We encourage all our staff to use their creativity and passion in writing about their interests.