PR Intern at Top-Rated Web Agency- Immediate Opening- Writing Experience Required!Bookmark This
Saddle Brook, NJ
DescriptionAs our PR intern, you will have full exposure to the day-to-day operation of a web agency while also playing a hands-on role in helping to develop press releases, media pitches, marketing strategies, content creation, advertising, and social media campaigns.
You should be excited to:
• Write with intelligence, personality, and clarity
• Connect meaningfully with our customers and providers through social media channels
• Enjoy the thrill of the hunt – Be on the lookout for the outlets and opportunities to pitch to
• Understand how our PR efforts impact and shape the overall business, and demonstrate that understanding with recommendations
• Share your ideas with the group and get the ball rolling
What We Offer:
• A key position that offers you a tangible impact on the company’s success.
• A laid-back office in North Jersey, equipped with a pool table, Xbox Kinect, Keurig and Razr Scooters
• Dynamic and friendly working atmosphere on a successful team
• Opportunity to grow and learn
• Social events with the team including happy hours, pool and more
• References and letters of recommendation
• The opportunity for this to grow into a full-time position (for the right candidate)
• Course credit, if you’re into that
- Writing, writing and more writing!
- Building media lists, news monitoring, writing press releases
- Assisting in the Development of Marketing, Public Relations, and Social Media Plans.
- Developing relationships with local media and businesses for exposure.
- Drafting Press Releases, Blog and Social Media Posts.
- Creating Marketing and Promotional Materials.
- Research & Creation of media lists
- Direct outreach to influential bloggers, journalists or target audience
- Raising brand awareness
- Keeping company blog up to date and relevant
- Participate in weekly status and social media meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
RequirementsWhat you should have:
• You must be able to commit at least 20 hours per week; working from home is a possibility.
• Those currently pursuing a Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English, Business, or Journalism degree is a bonus, but not required.
• Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a group
• Responsible, positive attitude, high energy and an eagerness to learn a must