Proposal WriterBookmark This
1 Gateway Center, Suite 506
DescriptiontCognition Incorporated in 2003, headquartered in Newton (Massachusetts) with offices in London (UK), Winnipeg (Canada) and (Mumbai & Kolhapur) India, offers IT/Software Consultancy and Outsourcing Services for its customers.
• tCognition, Inc is a part of the approved vendor list for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts under ITS43 Staff Augmentation to provide staff augmentation services to any state and Local department or agency in Massachusetts.
• tCognition, Inc is also part of the commonwealth of Pennsylvania Enterprise IT Staff Augmentation Services, Delaware, Maine, New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia and Arkansas.
Responsibilities-Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
-Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
-Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
-Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
-Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
-Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
-Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
-Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
-Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
-Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus