Public Relations InternBookmark This
Posted: 462 days ago
DescriptionFitness Galore is premiere fitness and nutrition website. An e-zine dedicated to providing practical resources, tools and information to encourage, inspire and motivate people to achieve their goals. Our primary mission is to promote a contemporary and supportive fitness community that helps individuals to aware and motivated.
We are currently seeking a Public Relations Intern that will have the opportunity to help monitor and develop content for our communities, while building skills and doing what you’re interested in! This is a telecommute internship.
ResponsibilitiesPlan and contribute to social media campaigns across different platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, blogs, YouTube, etc. while keeping in line with company policies, mission and vision.
Draft public relations materials including, news releases, media alerts, and other materials as directed
Monitor social media communities and engage with audiences.
Assist with creating monthly social and editorial content calendar.
Gather information/facts and write engaging copy and headlines
Monitor major news websites and blogs for breaking news and trending topics
Create and/or select engaging thumbnails for website stories
Properly cite sources of content
Assist with brainstorming, creating, and distributing marketing materials
Assist the Publisher and Editor-in-Chief and other staff, as needed
• Be actively enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, a university public relations, marketing, business or other related program
• Current students must have at least a sophomore standing
• Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills; demonstrate ability to undertake public relations writing assignments
• Ability to interact professionally with stakeholders and media and demonstrate good judgment
• Ability to prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
Passionate about one or more aspects of fitness and wellness (exercise, personal training, health, fitness fashion, nutrition, healthy eating, lifestyle).