Intern for Freelance Writer, Art and Theater CriticFreelance Writer and Art Critic
Editorial / Journalism InternWords for Hire
Future Country Directors / Vertical Heads - Social Media for an India based organizationIndia For Transformation
Daily Bloggers Needed For Client WebsitesSky High Media, LLC
Creative Associate(Business Writing)Bookmark This
833 W Chicago Ave
DescriptionWe are seeking one (1) individual to represent SRG as a Creative Associate. The Creative Associate will work alongside the Business Director, Public Relations Director and Market Researcher for the successful management of our clients’ brand strategies, performing a myriad of duties that include drafting branding schedules, managing the generation of creative collateral and determining the brand identity for clients through the conceptualization process with team members.
This internship is designed to acclimate the Creative Associate into the field of brand management and into the lifestyle of SRG through professional mediums and hands-on application. Upon the completion of the internship, the Creative Associate will be able to demonstrate strong skills in Business Communications, Brand Design, B2C Marketing and Business Management. Additionally, the Creative Associate will be considered for paid employment at the conclusion of the internship, dependent on the availability of positions at the time.
This is an unpaid internship and therefore focuses on the professional development of your skills and knowledge in brand strategy, design and management. At the conclusion of the three-month internship, the Creative Associate may choose to apply for a paid position at SRG Management Firm as determined by the availability of employment opportunities.
Please include the following in your email:
• Attach a PDF copy of your résumé.
• Attach one writing sample (1000 words or less) that you feel best demonstrates your communication abilities.
• Attach a cover letter that performs all of the following in 500 words or less: explains your history in leadership, organization and writing, describes your understanding of your role in SRG Management Firm as a Creative Associate, and explains how you wish to use this particular internship for your career advancement.
• Title the subject of your email, “Application: Creative Associate Internship”.
ResponsibilitiesThe Creative Associate must demonstrate leadership abilities, organizational skills and immaculate writing abilities. Because SRG represents a diverse array of clients and works with equally diverse affiliate companies – including an online magazine and a media group – the Creative Associate must be able to work fluidly between several professional entities.
The primary duties of the Creative Associate will be writing copy for brand strategy (such as Press Releases and Advertisements), directing the generation of creative collateral (such as graphic design, videography and news articles), and developing schedules for the successful implementation of the client’s brand.
The Creative Associate will work directly with the Business Director of SRG; however, the Creative Associate is expected to demonstrate strong independence and must be able to work without micro-management.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate for this internship will demonstrate all of the following traits:
• Resident of Chicago
• Extensive experience in Marketing, Communications and/or Business Management
• Ability to communicate information effectively, creatively and concisely in written and verbal form
• Genuine interest in emerging topics of Chicago culture, such as music, trends or business
• Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to learn about brand management
• Commitment to deadlines