Sex Education WriterBookmark This
The Masakhane Center
PO BOX 1494
DescriptionThe Masakhane Center is seeking passionate, creative young people to join our team! Sex Education Writers will create new content for our social media sites, assist with the writing of our new sex ed zines, and assist in the creation of new curriculum for our Sex Ed Manual.
In addition to the above responsibilities, Sex Education Writers will be able to observe sexuality workshops and occasionally assist in street outreach and health fairs. And don’t worry, interns receive extensive training on a variety of sexuality topics.
While this part-time internship position is unpaid, all interns are given real world, hands-on experience in the non-profit world and sex education field.
All Sex Education Writers are required to work a minimum of 10 hours per week being available between 8am and 6pm on either Tuesdays or Thursdays and occasionally (once a month) on weekends.
ALL INTERNS MUST WORK THE FOLLOWING DATES:
• FALL INTERNSHIP: September 2, 2014 to December 18, 2014
• SPRING INTERNSHIP: January 6, 2015 to May 14, 2015
Applications are due at least three weeks prior to the start of the internship (see start dates under the schedule). You may apply by sending the following to Stephanie Franklin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with Sex Education Writer as the subject line: 1) a completed application, 2) resume, 3) a cover letter, and 4) writing sample. Only those selected for an interview are contacted (usually within 48 hours). Applications can be found on our website (www.masakhanecenter.org).
• Passion for sex education!
• Previous writing experience; professional or otherwise (please explain in cover letter).
• Must be 26 years old or younger.
• Strong advocate for reproductive justice, LGBTQIA rights, and sex positive education.
• Demonstrated ability to work with individuals and groups of varying backgrounds.
• Ability to travel throughout Newark. Living in or around Newark is a plus but not a requirement.
• Excellent organizational, time management, writing, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Responsible, creative, reliable and energetic.
• Strong attention to detail.