Sustainability Project seeking Web Content WriterBookmark This
Helix River Media, L3C
DescriptionHelix River Media, L3C is a Chicago-based digital media publisher specializing in educational content related to sustainability and green living.
Helix River is looking for skilled people to help with the Sustainers initiative, which is a series of interactive books and educational resources about sustainable lifestyles. We’re currently in production for several food and urban agriculture related projects, as well as preparing for an upcoming public event this summer.
This is an unpaid internship. However, in return for your hard work, you will receive loads of hands-on experience and training opportunities, as well as the opportunity to include the project in your portfolio.
All candidates should have an interest (or better, enthusiasm!) about sustainability, green practices, and contributing to society. You should also be creative, adaptable, and capable of working autonomously.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, explaining why you think you're qualified for the opportunity. Deadline for submission is Thursday, February 27th.
Position runs for 12 weeks, beginning Monday March 31st. However, the dates are flexible, if you need to start a bit sooner or later.
All positions are part-time, 8 to 10 hours/week, with a flexible schedule.
Responsibilities• Research and write regular blog posts related to sustainability and urban agriculture
• Add content to WordPress site
• Post content on Twitter and Facebook
• Attend bi-weekly meetings downtown Chicago, and weekly conference calls
• 8 to 10 hours/week, flexible schedule
Requirements• Enthusiasm about sustainability, green practices, and contributing to society
• Creativity, adaptability, ability to work autonomously
• Savvy with social media (Facebook and Twitter in particular)
• Experience researching and writing both creative and factual content
• Experience using WordPress a plus, but not essential
• Ability to find and focus on issues that have the greatest potential impact
• Ability to find accurate, verifiable sources, and to keep detailed and thorough bibliography
• Need access to own computer and MS Office software