Technical Writer InternshipBookmark This
22876 Shaw Road
DescriptionDTECH LABS is a premier Engineering and Manufacturing company that designs an manufactures networking and computing devices.
We are looking for a part time student intern to help with our technical documentation, specifically operations manuals and user guides for our products. Work schedule can be flexible to accommodate school schedules.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering the Technical Writer is responsible for creating and maintaining end-user documentation for multiple military/tactical IP based network communications products and management/configuration software applications. The Technical Writer’s responsibilities may also include the creation of technical documentation such as test plans and procedures to be used internally.
• Perform as an integral part of the Engineering team, leading the effort in analyzing and determining documentation needs and appropriate solutions.
• Interface regularly with the Engineering team to gather the necessary technical information, user perspective, and training requirements necessary for document creation.
• Develops, modifies, and publishes all DTECH product line technical and training documentation such as:
o Technical Manuals
o Operator Manuals / User Guides
o Quick Reference Guides
o Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
o Troubleshooting articles
o Online help and release notes documentation
• Organizing various materials and completing documentation while maintaining the set standards in respect to order, clarity, style, and terminology.
• Gather feedback and review published materials to recommend revisions in format, content, and methods of delivery.
• Review photographs, drawings, presentations, schematics, diagrams, and charts in order to create relevant illustrations for all materials developed.
• Candidate is expected to write using established style and also to participate in the team’s editing and publishing processes.
• Perform configuration management and version tracking for all product technical documentation.
• Effectively manage and prioritize multiple technical writing projects as required.
• Convert outdated material and formats to a current standard or suggested format to enhance utilization. Secure new and sustaining technical documentation needs.
RequirementsRequirements / Skills
The successful candidate must have the following:
• Solid Writing Skills including the ability to analyze information from multiple sources and create a clear, concise product for users with varying technical abilities.
• IP Networking knowledge (configurations of IP Routers, switches).
• Excellent time and task management skills.
• Must be able to manage documentation needs for multiple products and software applications while working with multiple subject matter experts and reviewers.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask in a dynamic environment and adjust workload based on changing priorities.