Lyfe Problems - Writers and BloggersLyfe Problems
Online Fashion WriterTHE GLAM MONITOR
Creative Writing Assistant TeacherEdwards Educational Services
Document Composition and Content Editing (Work from Home)Valued Epistemics Private Limited
Blogger (Creative Content Developer)Markeet Par Swaje' Inc
Technical Writing & Editing InternshipBookmark This
6300 La Calma Drive, Suite 550
DescriptionFlatirons Solutions is currently seeking a Technical Writing and Editing Intern to work out of our Austin office. This is a great way to get a jumpstart on your career! We offer flexible hours, competitive pay, and a fun relaxed work environment. This position does not require technical knowledge or experience. We will train you! If you have a passion for writing, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and can work at least 15 hours each week, then we want to hear from you!
• Assist in the planning, writing, and editing of technical publications and training materials.
• Learn and conform to each client’s writing style.
• Edit technical publications and training materials for grammar, clarity, and adherence to style conventions.
• Provide quality control for technical publications and training materials.
o Verify that formatting is consistent and meets style requirements.
o Make sure that publications are complete and contain all necessary parts.
o Test web-based training functionality.
• Must be enrolled in a university and at least a second-year student majoring English, communications, journalism, or a related field.
• Intermediate Microsoft Words skills required.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat and FrameMaker a plus.
• Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Ability to learn industry-specific and customer-specific style conventions
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
• Hard working with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously