Creative Writing / MarketingMark Russell Clothing
Blog Post Writing - 300 Words Per Article - Simple Blogging InstructionsProperty Handlers Real Estate
Website Copy Development and Management in WordpressIT Strategic Services Group, Inc.
Looking for Writing intern for a Leading Health, Fitness, and Biohacking siteAmeerrosic
Technical Writing & Editing InternshipBookmark This
6300 La Calma Drive, Suite 550
DescriptionFlatirons Solutions is currently seeking a Technical Writing and Editing Intern to work out of our Austin office. This is a great way to get a jumpstart on your career! We offer flexible hours, competitive pay, and a fun relaxed work environment. This position does not require technical knowledge or experience. We will train you! If you have a passion for writing, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and can work at least 15 hours each week, then we want to hear from you!
• Assist in the planning, writing, and editing of technical publications and training materials.
• Learn and conform to each client’s writing style.
• Edit technical publications and training materials for grammar, clarity, and adherence to style conventions.
• Provide quality control for technical publications and training materials.
o Verify that formatting is consistent and meets style requirements.
o Make sure that publications are complete and contain all necessary parts.
o Test web-based training functionality.
• Must be enrolled in a university and at least a second-year student majoring English, communications, journalism, or a related field.
• Intermediate Microsoft Words skills required.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat and FrameMaker a plus.
• Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Ability to learn industry-specific and customer-specific style conventions
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
• Hard working with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously