WANTED: Beauty junkies with writing skills for PAID INTERNSHIP at TotalBeauty.comBookmark This
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionAbout Us: Total Beauty Media Group is a fun and fast-paced beauty media company devoted to the latest in beauty news, product reviews, and women's health and fitness.
This is not a coffee-fetching internship. Our interns walk away from the gig with a solid set of skills, the know-how required to survive in today's competitive online media industry, and, well, lots and lots of beauty products.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY ON A FULL-TIME BASIS (MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, 9 AM TO 6 PM). YOU MUST LIVE IN THE LOS ANGELES AREA AND BE AVAILABLE FOR AN IN-PERSON INTERVIEW TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Interns are trained and mentored in all aspects of online publishing (basic CMS, blogging, research, pitching stories, social media, marketing).
To apply, please submit a résumé, cover letter and writing samples. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Responsibilities• Pitching and writing features for TotalBeauty.com and BeautyRiot.com
• Assisting in research and production of other feature stories
• Updating product database and evergreen features
• Brainstorming social media initiatives
• Generating newsletter and recording metrics
• Occasionally attending events
Requirements• You're a budding journalist with a sharp, witty voice interested in cultivating your craft
• You're detail-oriented and can juggle multiple writing assignments, research, product call-ins, pitching and more on a daily basis
• You have a basic understanding of CMS, HTML and SEO
• You're not at all flaky and aren't afraid to ask questions or voice opinions
• You live and breathe all things beauty and health