WANTED: Makeup/beauty junkies w/ writing skills for PAID INTERNSHIP at TotalBeauty.comBookmark This
3420 Ocean Park
Santa Monica, CA
DescriptionAbout Us: We are a fun and fast-paced beauty media company devoted to the latest in beauty news, product reviews, and women's health and fitness.
This is not a coffee-fetching internship. Our interns walk away from the gig with a solid set of skills, the know-how required to survive in today's competitive online media industry, and, well, lots and lots of beauty products. PLEASE NOTE: THIS INTERNSHIP IS BASED AT OUR HEADQUARTERS IN SANTA MONICA, CA. YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR AN IN-PERSON INTERVIEW TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Interns are trained and mentored in all aspects of online publishing (basic CMS, blogging, research, pitching stories, social media, marketing).
* Work with veteran editors and produce content seen by millions of women each month. (Yes, you'll get bylines.)
* You'll attend beauty, fashion, and fitness events around LA
* Bagel Fridays and a kitchen filled with snacks worthy of the Google campus
Submit a resume, cover letter and writing samples with your application. Specify whether you're seeking full- or part-time internship (we can accommodate both).
* Update product database: Cataloguing the truckloads of new beauty products we hear about on a daily basis
* Online content: Writing product reviews, beauty/health news blogs, pitching stories
* Assist in video shoots (beauty tutorials, product reviews, etc.)
* Assist in research and production of feature stories
RequirementsOur interns …
* Are smart and fast on their feet
* Know how to multi-task and can juggle multiple writing assignments, research, product call-ins, pitching and more on a daily basis
* Keep obsessive To Do checklists
* Have a basic understanding of CMS, HTML and SEO (if you don't know what those stand for, don't apply)
* Don't flake, and aren't afraid to ask questions or voice opinions
* Live and breathe all things beauty and health