Looking for Sports Writers/Social Media Experts for Up-and-Coming Sports WebsiteSports LunchRoom
Creative Staff WriterInkling Writing
Looking For Buzzfeed WritersUniversity Primetime
Writing & Blogging Internship (Earn $1,000/mo and up)Grand Master Marketing
Blogging and Press Release Intern (Earn $1,000 to $10,000 a Month)Grand Master Marketing
True Blue Auctions
DescriptionOur communications department needs a dedicated writer with strong analytical and critical thinking skills for the newsletters, social media and website. Qualified candidates should have excellent researching skills and should have a proven capacity to write compelling content that generates site traffic. There will be a story requirement that may involve interviews of people over the phone and sometimes in person. Many of the stories will also require background research and references.
Our website(s) and social media program(s) needs a dedicated person to post and develop a strong social media strategy. We will also be doing major work on our website(s) and need someone to write and edit the content that will be published on the website(s). SEO training will be provided to assist with quality content writing. We are looking for someone with a love and passion for writing what will have fun as they find what they do fulfilling and receive gratification for seeing the results of their work.
Quality communication/writing that converts in the client acquisition process will result in compensation. More details of compensation will be provided during interview process.
Responsibilities- Communicate with management as needed for each project.
• Meet via phone, skype, or in person for brainstorming and training.
• Research and gather information to produce quality content.
• Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
• Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
• Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
• Work on special projects, as needed
RequirementsBasic aptitude for the following:
• Ability to assimilate information from a wide variety of sources
• Strong organizational, analytical, research and writing skills
• Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling
• Ability to manage data and organize work
• Demonstrated ability to produce quality content while managing multiple priorities and meeting strict deadlines
• Proficient in primary category including industry knowledge, trends and hands-on experience with associated software and services
• Ability to receive, absorb and act on critical feedback from copy-editors, peers and supervisors
• Aptitude for building effective working relationships and accomplishing tasks in a collaborative team environment
• Photoshop-cloning, resizing images, cropping, image capturing, etc.
• Microsoft Office-basic formatting and organization in Excel and Word, understanding of Outlook
• Basic Word Press
• Proofreading-for self and peers