Writer/Hill EnthusiastBookmark This
241 18th St South, Suite 504
DescriptionFiscalTrak (www.fiscaltrak.com) is seeking a motivated writer to attend and write summaries of hearings on the Hill and provide general support to our product development and sales teams. Put your communications, journalism or government interest to work, and learn how to apply those skills in the real world. The FiscalTrak team is small, dedicated, and passionate. Qualified candidates must be self-starters willing to take on any project with little direction. Must be a strong writer, and able to take edits in stride! Knowledge and/or interest in Congress, the federal budget process and/or Defense is necessary for success.
Full or part time. Unpaid, transportation costs are covered.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities may include:
• Attending hearings on the Hill and writing brief summary reports
• Assisting the sales team in developing presentations
• Conducting research on potential customers
• Reviewing web content for accuracy
• Self-starter; able to work well without constant direction
• Education and previous internship experiences in communications, journalism, or government
• Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
• Strong computer skills (PowerPoint proficiency is required)
• Familiarity with Congressional and/or Executive branch operations
• Must be a U.S. Citizen