Writing / Communications InternBookmark This
Action for Boston Community Development, Inc.
178 Tremont Street
DescriptionWe are looking for a Communications Intern who is interested in learning new skills and applying their knowledge to assist with volunteer services at a non-profit human services agency. This internship will offer the student an opportunity to be creative in designing and writing for the agency’s volunteer services newsletter. The intern will gain working knowledge of gathering resourceful data, writing impactful articles, and designing captivating layouts. In addition, the intern will have the ability to work cooperatively with organizations and the general public to recruit volunteers for special and ongoing projects. Finally, the intern will understand the importance of supporting an efficient volunteer program under challenges of serving more clients with less funding from the government.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist with the creation of the agency’s volunteer services newsletter, including sourcing, designing, writing and distributing.
• Communicate with hiring managers regarding event/program details, volunteer needs, and application status.
• Communicate with prospective volunteers to identify their interests with matching opportunities, while ensuring their applications are complete and processed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with local colleges, agencies and companies to recruit volunteers for special events and on-going projects.
• Other related duties as required.
RequirementsSkills & Qualifications:
• Undergraduate student majoring in Communications, Journalism or a related field.
• Knowledge of Constant Contact or similar email marketing software highly preferred.
• Prior experience in recruitment/outreach/marketing a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills with close attention to detail.
• Two writing samples required.
Length of Commitment:
Ongoing internship with flexible days/hours for 14-21 hours per week.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP, BUT WORK-STUDY ELIGIBILITY WILL BE CONSIDERED.