Do you have strong writing skills?Qualitywriters
(Earn $1,000/mo and up) Writing & Blogging Internship/Sales & MarketingGrand Master Marketing LLC
Healthcare Marketing and Public RelationsPrescription PR Inc
Study Abroad WriterLearn That Language Now, LLC
Foreign Language/Travel BloggerLearn That Language Now, LLC
Writing/Editing: HIGH SCHOOL/TEENSBookmark This
In It For The Long Scrawl
DescriptionIn It For The Long Scrawl was created with the idea that there are smart, well-rounded, intellectual teens roaming the planet. And yeah, they know how to write. We want to break the stereotype that teens can't write and that we are undeveloped human beings. Join us and change the titles on your bookshelves forever!
In It For The Long Scrawll is a start-up literary magazine by teens and for teens. I'm looking for teen writers who write for the following categories:
FOR THE LONG SCRAWL
• Teen fiction/contemporary
• Historical fiction
• Book reviews
• Featured author/featured title
• Op-eds about up & coming books.
• EIGHT PIECES
• 1 BOOK REVIEW
• 1 FEATURED AUTHOR/BOOK
• 2 OP-EDS ABOUT UP AND COMIN
• Each person emails all pieces for submission at end of September, November, February and April
• Each person WILL be featured in at least one copy.
• Excerpts of some posts will be featured on blog
• They will be published in print and can be ordered online
• If you can order multiple copies, distributing to libraries, book stores, etc. would be a great idea.
• Each submission will undergo review
• Checked for editing/grammar/sentence structure
• Nobodies piece will be turned down because of personal preference
• Submissions including religion, LGBT members and others are accepted
• No hate-submissions are allowed
• Email me at email@example.com with your name and preferred genre.
• Please fill out the following questionnaire and paste in body of email.
a) Name, state of residence.
b) What experience do you have with writing?
c) Why do you want to join In It For The Long Scrawl?
d) Are you able to assist in the digital copy of I.I.F.T.L.S?
e) Will you commit to submitting at least one piece to the magazine per season?
f) What extracurricular are you involved in after/in school?
g) Do you live in the general NYC area? If not, are you available for Google/Facebook chats?
h) Do you have experience with blogs?
i) Do you have a large following on social media? (FB, TWITTER, WORDPRESS, INSTAGRAM, ETC…)
No experience necessary. Only love and passion for writing.
This is is an UNPAID position.
Ability to talk on Google Chat/ Facebook