Office InternTickleMe Entertainment
Editorial Internship at NYC StartupProject DragonFruit
Blogger/Content CuratorSpice Pharm
Writer, Copywriter/EditorialMusee Magazine
Human Resources InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Content Writer for News WebsiteSostre News
Writing Internship (Music Videos, Celebrity Weddings and more!)Suzanne Delawar Studios
Contributors & Bloggers on Women EmpowermentAlldame
Assistant Editor InternBookmark This
New York Minute Magazine
Posted: November 18 2015
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNOTE: this internship is unpaid, but we offer academic credit to all interns. All candidates must be current undergraduate or graduate students.
New York Minute Magazine is a rapidly growing online startup, with a virtual office. At NYMM, we know that life can be busy, so we strive to provide our readers with a daily dose of useful and enjoyable entertainment that can be read in a ‘New York Minute’. Visit our website http://www.newyorkminutemag.com/) to learn more!
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Our motto is “Your Story Starts Here”, because we are passionate about helping interns in their road to success. Still a newbie in your field? No problem. We’ll help you get to where you want to go.
- We offer internships year-round, with flexible hours and an upbeat work environment! Our positions are perfect for current students.
- We have a completely virtual office, so you can work from ANYWHERE and there’s no commute!
- We have all of our meetings via video call, so get ready for casual Friday every day, and by casual Friday we mean wearing your pajamas at 4 pm on a Tuesday.
- We are very serious about having fun. No bores allowed! (You better be caught up on your Game of Thrones!)
- Complete first-round edits for articles, prior to publication
- Assist in managing writers and ensure they are meeting their deadlines
- Support additional projects and prepare articles for publication
- Assist with brainstorming on new column ideas
- Assist with general editorial and writing needs
- Send pitch reminder emails and update the weekly storyboards
RequirementsAre you the friend that everyone always asks to proofread their work? Do, even your texts, tweets, and statuses have impeccable grammar? If so, consider joining New York Minute Magazine’s dynamic team as an Assistant Lead Editor! In this position you will get the chance to explore and learn about the editorial process at a dynamic online magazine. You will get to showcase your editing ability by conducting first round-edits as well as assisting with a number of other relevant projects.
***Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered. Send applications to joinnymm@NewYorkMinuteMag.com***
- Working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in English, communications, journalism, or a related field
- Direct experience with Wordpress
- Excellent communication skills and a talent for collaboration
- An interest in learning how the editorial process works at an online publication
- Previous experience editing for a school journal or publication (preferred)