Political JournalistChild Poverty Research Institute
Researcher/Writer (High School & College Students)YCoFA
Blog WriterRuff Clothing Co
Editors invited to intern for The Epoch Herald, an international magazine.The Epoch Herald
Writer and Communications SpecialistEtching-It.com
Health Writer and BloggerNaturkur Wellness Center
Posted: November 09 2016
Company Location: Boston, MA
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAmooti.org is an online market place that provides easy access to African inspired art, culture, fashion and any other products. Our mission is to make African inspirations easily accessible to everyone, while at the same time expanding on the market for designers, sellers and artists, online.
The role is a great opportunity to publish online by contributing original written material. It involves researching and writing about product information as well as interesting educative facts and information about Africa. The weekly blog needs to flow in a conversational style, which engages readers, while promoting the company message. One should have the ability to come up with original, relevant and timely topics.
Responsibilities- Consistently produce a blog
-Design the Newsletter.
Requirements1. Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
2. Must be creative and able to come up with relevant, interesting topics
3. Ability to know the audience’s needs, wants and problems and able to address them.
4. Have a professional, consistent and sometimes witty writing style that encourages subscribers to share on social media and elsewhere
5. Produce a consistent visual image on blog including maintenance of templates and image archives.
6. Create image links and ensure links are up to date.
7. Respond promptly to blog comments and email
8. Provide metrics of traffic statistics, reports and blog comment feedback
9. Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
10. Fearless – not afraid to be a bold and outside the box thinker.
11. Love for using social networking sites, and general excitement to learn new skills