Paid Internship OpportunityAmeritrain Mortgage Institute
Student Writer Internships for Study Breaks MagazineStudy Breaks Magazine
Experienced Freelance Writer WantedMasterra
Social Media Blog Writing InternBuzzlogix
Student Writer Internships for Study BreaksStudy Breaks Magazine
Writer/Blogger - It will be so much FUNDecor Steals
Medical Writer and Proof Readerlabfinder
Copy Writing InternClean the World
Proofreading/Copy Editor InternBookmark This
Posted: August 03 2015
Company Location: Corona del Mar, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionInnovative, with a distinct global perspective, RETREAT magazine offers all-inclusive access to the hautest, trends in beauty, fashion, travel and lifestyle found in the most chic cities to the most beautiful beaches worldwide. With a fresh approach and of-the-moment advice, RETREAT’s international appeal, appreciation and unique passion to encapsulate a wealth of inspiration found around the world, has made it a global style authority, renowned for its sophisticated, yet accessible, design, editorial and award-winning photography. Whereas designers find inspiration from the world around them, RETREAT magazine celebrates that global sophistication and chic inspiration captures the essence of a true fashion and travel-ista. The ultimate passport for beach-bound beauties, RETREAT is edited for stylish, fashion-forward women in search of tell-all guides to the most sought out travel destinations.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
-Must have excellent English skills and editing experience.
-Must be able to oversee editing and collaborate with art directors and editors.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus