Non Profit Grant WriterThe Thaddeus Foundation
Editorial & Marketing InternshipTumbling Dumpling Media
Writing & Social Media InternshipSkinny Ms.
Executive Catalyst InternBenzinga
Remote Student Writing InternshipsStudy Breaks Magazine
Innovation Grant & Proposal WriterTunnll
TUC MAGAZINE UNPAID Journalist InternshipTuc Magazine LLC
Nurturing America Inc.
Posted: September 25 2016
Company Location: Greenville, SC
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNurturing America is committed to creating change for every issue under the social injustice umbrella. The innovative plan devised for fulfilling our vision is going to take nonprofits to a new height of efficiency. Our mission can only be made possible by collaborating with other organizations, businesses, volunteers, and social justice warriors! Nurturing America Inc. mission is to recognize, promote & inspire divine excellence in ourselves, while reconstructing our legislative foundation to allow all to prosper! Our vision is: To create a society of equality, peace, love & prosperity from all of the issues that weaken our nation. Hence, our slogan is Making Things Right!
Nurturing America is a new organization that is partnering with seasoned professionals while also discovering fresh talent to employ in order to establish Nurturing America as a diversified and leading organization. This opportunity will cultivate students interested in social justice, economic empowerment, business development, community healing, legislative changes, healthcare reform, environmental policies and mentoring the youth. We are looking for individuals to convey Nurturing America's vision/mission into a life-changing experience and/or career!
Nurturing America is in the process of creating an interactive website and is in need of copywriters/content developers. Web content development is the process of researching, writing, gathering, organizing, and editing information for publication on web sites. Web site content may consist of prose, graphics, pictures, recordings, movies or other digital assets that could be distributed by a hypertext transfer protocol server, and viewed by a web browser.Online content can take many forms, including plaintext, links, database content, still images (illustrations, photographs, diagrams), animation, audio, video, interactive devices (forms, forums, chat rooms, polls, questionnaires, etc.). The main responsibility of the content developer will be for the creation or acquisition of verbal content (primarily textual but also audio), although a close relationship with other media specialists, such as graphic designers, will almost certainly be required.
The quality of a website content can mean the difference between grabbing the reader’s attention and losing their interest. It can also impact the search engine rankings, determining whether information-seekers will initially find us in a search.Therefore, we are seeking interns to convey Nurturing America's vision/mission into an interactive website that will grab the reader’s attention, and create a platform for the world to express their concerns regarding social injustice, while simultaneously invoking changes for our society!
WHEN IT COMES TO WRITING FOR THE WEB, WHAT YOU SAY AND HOW YOU SAY IT MATTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ResponsibilitiesBased on the requirements of the organization, a content writer needs to create new content, rewrite the existing content or edit and proofread content. He/she would also be responsible for managing content on social media and develop unique ideas for web content. A content writer should clearly understand the objectives of the organization, his/ her target audience, and must develop simple, easy-to-understand, user friendly content while employing good search engine optimization (SEO) techniques. Before publishing the articles on the web, he or she should edit/proof read it. The content should be informative and engaging and should enable the visitors to get their information promptly and efficiently.
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills
• Advanced knowledge of HTML and experience with content management systems
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
• 3-5 years’ experience managing content and production for websites
• Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing or a related field
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Performs a variety of tasks.
• Be highly creative and imaginative
• Have good written and interpersonal skills
• Be able to work under pressure
• Have an eye for detail
• Have an interest in commerce, popular culture, and new advertising trends and techniques.
• Meet with account executives to discuss the client's requirements and core messages
• Familiarize themselves with the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market
• Brainstorm ideas and concepts for the visual and words with other members of the creative team
• Present initial ideas to the creative director, some of which may be rejected or developed into workable concepts
• Write various copy options, which may be presented to the client as a story board (a consecutive series of frames depicting the script and drawings that may be used)
• Modify copy until the org is satisfied
• Oversee the production phase, booking and liaising with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies
• Be highly creative and imaginative, and curious about clients' products or services
• Be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
• Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Be highly self-motivated and well organized
• Be able to see other people's points of view and take on board feedback
• Work within strict budgets
• Have an eye for detail
• Possess good leadership, people and project management skills.