Technical Writer SpecialistAcenonyx
Content Writer/BloggerSeattle Web Search
Editors invited to intern for The Epoch Herald, an international magazine.The Epoch Herald
Writer and Communications SpecialistEtching-It.com
Health Writer and BloggerNaturkur Wellness Center
Writing/Marketing INTERNSHIP-Writer for website/blogRave Decor
Grant Writing and Research InternThe Indie Creative Network
Editorial Content Management InternBookmark This
New York Minute Magazine
Posted: November 18 2015
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNOTE: this internship is unpaid, but we offer academic credit to all interns. All candidates must be current undergraduate or graduate students.
New York Minute Magazine is a rapidly growing online startup, with a virtual office. At NYMM, we know that life can be busy, so we strive to provide our readers with a daily dose of useful and enjoyable entertainment that can be read in a ‘New York Minute’. Visit our website http://www.newyorkminutemag.com/) to learn more!
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Our motto is “Your Story Starts Here”, because we are passionate about helping interns in their road to success. Still a newbie in your field? No problem. We’ll help you get to where you want to go.
- We offer internships year-round, with flexible hours and an upbeat work environment! Our positions are perfect for current students.
- We have a completely virtual office, so you can work from ANYWHERE and there’s no commute!
- We have all of our meetings via video call, so get ready for casual Friday every day, and by casual Friday we mean wearing your pajamas at 4 pm on a Tuesday.
- We are very serious about having fun. No bores allowed! (You better be caught up on your Game of Thrones!)
- Post articles and photos to WordPress for publication
- Format each article properly, adding images from photographers or from the internet
- Ensure all images are the correct size before posting
- Create and write SEO tags, meta-tags, and descriptions for photos and articles
- Assist with general editorial and writing needs
- Participate in weekly, virtual team meetings
- Assist with the training of new interns on WordPress
RequirementsABOUT THE POSITION:
As a Content Management Intern, you will be in charge of ensuring that all of our amazing articles are posted and shared on our website for our readers and followers to enjoy. You will also work closely with the writers and other editors, ensuring that all articles are sent in and ready for publishing by the required date. This would be a great opportunity for anyone looking to experience the editorial process at an online magazine! If you consider yourself a detail-oriented, WordPress wiz, this is definitely the gig for you!
***Only applications with a cover letter and resume will be considered. Send applications to joinnymm@NewYorkMinuteMag.com***
- Highly proficient in WordPress
- Familiarity with Flickr and other photo-sharing sites
- Experience in editing (preferred)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Extremely detail-oriented