Content Writer for News WebsiteSostre News
Content Writing InternshipResume-ease
Blogger Extraordinaire InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Human Resources InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
NEW SPRING 2017 INTERNS - Editor's Assistant - Local or Virtual Newspaper (Washington, DC)DC Spotlight Newspaper
NEW SPRING 2017 INTERN - Writer Intern - White House/Congress coverage (Washington, DC metro area)DC Spotlight Newspaper
NEW SPRING 2017 INTERN - Writer Intern - Local or Virtual (Washington, DC metro area)DC Spotlight Newspaper
EDITORIAL INTERNBookmark This
MADE IN THE DISTRICT
Posted: October 23 2015
Company Location: Annandale, VA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMade In The District (MITD) Editorial Intern
MITD operated site, madeinthedistrict.us, is looking for editorial interns to join the team. Working in the editorial department will give interns the opportunity to gain invaluable editorial skills and learn the web and print processes.
Candidates must be available to work at least two days each week to be considered for this position.
To be considered, please send the following:
1) Read Madeinthedistrict.us and pitch us three articles for the site. They can be written, visual, or a combination of both. Remember: we are for passionate rap/pop culture lovers who want to analyze every aspect of the culture.
2) What other skills do you have? Especially as they apply to creative media (e.g. video editing, drawing, photography).
3) Have you written before? Send us a link to your clips, and your resume.
4) Brief cover letter explaining why you want to intern for us, your dream job, whether you're in school, and availability.
· Photo research
· Contributing to lists and brainstorming with teams
· Writing posts/copy editing
· Transcribing interviews
· Conducting research for editors
RequirementsOur ideal candidate is:
· Enrolled in college majoring in Journalism, English, Communications, or a related field
· Flexible, willing to learn, and a dedicated hard worker
· Able to work quickly and efficiently on tight deadlines
· Creative and witty (a love of rap music is a bonus, but by no means a prerequisite)