Writing/Marketing INTERNSHIP-Writer for website/blogRave Decor
Grant Writing and Research InternThe Indie Creative Network
Wanted: Investment Writer Intern for Fast-Growing Asset Manager Consulting GroupSondhelm Partners
Editorial & Marketing InternshipTumbling Dumpling Media
Content Writer/BloggerSeattle Web Search
Grant Writer InternNew Blues Festival
TUC MAGAZINE UNPAID Journalist / News Letters InternshipTrue Urban Culture (TUC) Magazine
Editorial InternBookmark This
Outlook Media, Inc
815 N High St, Ste G
Posted: January 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you interested in an opportunity to gain real-world experience related to the editorial function of an integrated multi-media company? Are you seeking an internship where not only can you develop practical and transferrable skills but also build upon and enhance your existing professional network? If so, then take a moment to learn more about Outlook Media. Outlook Media is Ohio’s premier progressive, urban, alternative, GLBT media company. Our mission is to create partnerships between our community and our clients through print and web advertising, networking, and sponsorship opportunities. We are looking for the right people to join our dynamic team to carry out this mission and support the growth of our multi-media family of products. To learn more about Outlook Media please visit us on-line at: http://www.outlookmedia.com/.
Outlook Media is currently seeking candidates for a part-time, unpaid Editorial Internship. We are seeking candidates that are available 10-20 hours per week for an overall commitment of 12-16 weeks. The schedule is flexible and can be constructed around candidate availability within the hours of 9 am – 6 pm, Monday through Friday. This opportunity will be housed at our offices located at 815 N. High Street, Basement Suite II, located in Columbus’ dynamic Short North. While this position is unpaid, it’s not without its benefits. In addition to attending our events and benefitting from our amazing network of contacts (including tons of PR reps), we are constantly receiving promotional items, products and other samples (e.g. great free stuff for our interns!). We are also looking for this to be a meaningful professional development opportunity for the candidate(s) we select. To that end, expect this internship to result in a great opportunity to identify and develop a relationship with a mentor (or mentors). This position reports directly to Erin McCalla, our Managing Editor.
ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibilities of the internship are to assist the editorial department with all efforts related to the front of the house Editorial duties. Specific duties and tasks assigned to the intern may include but are not limited to:
• Download and edit / stylize from syndicate; we’re looking to double the amount of content we deliver
• Upload articles to our website
• Manage our Calendar section inputting relevant events into our calendaring system
• Proof read articles, as well as, layout pages before they go to press
• Prepare e-blasts (utilizing iContact)
• Sort and log incoming mail; catalogue and inventory “swag”
• Sort and organize incoming e-mail; update contact information
• Participate in editorial meetings
• Learn the process of assigning content / managing our team of writers
• Man our booth at our events including all Pride booths, our monthly business networking event Network Columbus (2nd Wednesday of Month from 6p-8p.) and our Love Big LGBT Wedding Expo.
• Write reviews, blogs, feature articles etc., as assigned
RequirementsOutlook Media is seeking someone with a strong mix of hard and soft-skills. To that end, ideal candidates will possess the following:
• Pursuit of an academic major including but not limited to: Communications, Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Public Relations and/or Marketing preferred but not required
• Proficiency with Apple / Mac hardware and software applications
• Proficiency with MS Office Applications
• Ability to identify improvement opportunities and pursue accordingly
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, energetic, self-starter
• Available to work the following dates for our events: June 6th Dayton Pride, June 7th Love Big LGBTA Wedding Expo Columbus, June 9 Network Columbus, June 12-13 Youngstown Pride, June 19-20 Columbus Pride, June 26-27 Cleveland, Cincinnati, Yellow Springs Prides. July 8 Network Columbus, August 12 Network Columbus and (if still interning) August 29-30 Toledo Pride and Love Big LGBT Wedding Expo.
SkillsRequired - Copy Editing, Proofreading, Apple, Microsoft Office Applications, Article Writing
Preferred - WordPress