Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Posted: February 20 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you a student or recent grad in love with beauty /fashion journalism? If so this internship is the perfect opportunity to build your portfolio while learning and having fun! Fancy-Francy.com is a beauty, fashion, and lifestyle advice site that gives readers tips and inspiration. As an intern you won't be doing thankless tasks; instead you'll be immediately contributing meaningful work as part of the team. Although this internship is unpaid, you will be given amazing swag/freebies and given the opportunity to attend exciting events. In addition, all interns get a letter of recommendation and can list this on their resume!
Sound good? If you're interested apply below or email me at Francisca@fancy-francy.com. Please include your resume or LinkedIn profile and a writing sample!
Responsibilities- Duties will include writing weekly blog posts, researching topics, interviewing subjects (designers, makeup artists, etc.)
- Interns should be able to write effective copy, excel in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Editor.
- Work on special projects as needed and attend industry events fashion week, etc (if located in New York City)
- An interest in beauty and or fashion is a must
- This job is located in New York City but can also be done remotely
Requirements- Recent Grad or working towards a Bachelor’s degree in fashion, journalism, public relations, English, business, communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Social Media Savvy
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus