Paid Internship OpportunityAmeritrain Mortgage Institute
Student Writer Internships for Study Breaks MagazineStudy Breaks Magazine
Experienced Freelance Writer WantedMasterra
Social Media Blog Writing InternBuzzlogix
Student Writer Internships for Study BreaksStudy Breaks Magazine
Writer/Blogger - It will be so much FUNDecor Steals
Medical Writer and Proof Readerlabfinder
Copy Writing InternClean the World
Editorial / Journalism InternBookmark This
Posted: February 12 2015
Company Location: Pawtucket, RI
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionI am a graphic designer and I need someone for a magazine that is put out 4 times a year and I need someone to check all changes and work for finalizing a magazine. Work will for a month at a time. 4 times a year. Next issue is for may.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus
SkillsRequired - Proofreading
Preferred - Copy Editing