Content WriterPoplar Network
Content EditorPoplar Network
Men's Fashion Blogging InternSuaveCo
Comedy Writer Intern (Virtual)Producers vs Show
Copy Editor Intern (Virtual)Producers vs Show
Student Writer Internships for Study Breaks MagazineStudy Breaks Magazine
Grant Writer InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Paid Internship OpportunityAmeritrain Mortgage Institute
Editorial/Writing Intern [Work From Home]Bookmark This
Posted: May 11 2016
Company Location: La Habra, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSlayed Magazine at slayedmagazine.com is your FASHION, BEAUTY AND SELF EMPOWERMENT destination. We are a digital publication and website currently seeking 1-3 WRITERS to contribute to each department and our upcoming topics: CULTURE, GROOMING (MEN), NEWS, POLITICS, TECH, TRAVEL, AND MORE.
Internship commitment min. 3 months
We are accepting writers for the website: SlayedMagazine.com. This is an unpaid, virtual [work from home] internship position with chance for school credit. We are looking for someone who has writing/blogging experience. You will receive weekly lessons and be able to apply them into your assignments. This internship requires self-starting, curious, and creative writers. Must be 18, have own computer and internet.
**TO APPLY** Please EMAIL your resume, short bio and writing sample to email@example.com
SUBJECT LINE: SUMMER WRITER
Responsibilities- Participate in lessons (outlines or materials will be given weekly)
- Write 2-3 articles per week
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Beauty, Fashion, & Self-Empowerment Editors.
- Brainstorming and pitching featured articles, short-stories, interviews, etc.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Weekly meetings (via phone, text, chat, video conference or in-person meetings depending on location)
- May need to scout and/or attend local events to write feature
Requirements- PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED: Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in writing, journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts
- Must have interest in any of these FASHION, BEAUTY, AND/OR SELF-EMPOWERMENT, pop culture, mens fashion, social change, social issues, tech, travel, lifestyle...
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Team-player but also able to work independently, able to meet deadlines
- Must have reliable computer, and internet
- Be familiar with Google Drive
- Be 18 and have own computer, high speed internet