Blogger Extraordinaire InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Human Resources InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
NEW SPRING 2017 INTERNS - Editor's Assistant - Local or Virtual Newspaper (Washington, DC)DC Spotlight Newspaper
NEW SPRING 2017 INTERN - Writer Intern - White House/Congress coverage (Washington, DC metro area)DC Spotlight Newspaper
NEW SPRING 2017 INTERN - Writer Intern - Local or Virtual (Washington, DC metro area)DC Spotlight Newspaper
NEW SPRING 2017 INTERN - Social Media Intern (High School Student) - Newspaper (Washington, DC)DC Spotlight Newspaper
NEW SPRING 2017 INTERN - Social Media Marketing Assistant - Newspaper (Washington, DC)DC Spotlight Newspaper
Content Writing InternshipFrom the Hip Photo
Freelance Writer (Paid)Bookmark This
Prose Media LLC
Posted: June 14 2016
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Description"Prose Media (https://www.prosemedia.com/write) is a content marketing startup that crafts high-quality written content — from blog posts and articles to web copy and social media posts — for a wide range of brands.
We’re looking for exceptionally gifted undergraduate and graduate writers to join our network as independent contractors (i.e., freelancers). Unlike other crowd-sourced writing sites, we pay you professional rates for your work.
We’re a small private agency, not an online freelance marketplace, so there’s no need for you to “bid” on gigs. Instead, writers who've been accepted to our network are contacted whenever we feel they’re right for a project. Payment is made on a per-project basis. Rates vary based on the type and length of the assignment.
(Kindly note: As a nascent service looking to build a diverse talent base, we have more writers than we do available work, but we will regularly keep you in mind for suitable projects.)
Writing samples are especially important. Feel free to submit any work that you’re proud of — whether it’s a batch of social media posts, a blog post or article, an outstanding essay or paper, or any other written work that demonstrates your skill.
On the application, you can express interest in one or more industries (e.g., technology, retail, finance, health care, etc.). You can also indicate the content types you believe you're best suited to write (e.g., social media posts, blog posts, listicles, etc.).
Please apply via our website. Visit our ""Become a Prose Writer” page at https://www.prosemedia.com/write and click ""Apply Now” (not ""Join Now”) to submit your application. Please do not apply via e-mail."
Several reasons to write for Prose:
- Get paid. This is a professional freelance opportunity. Get paid on a per-project basis.
- Gain marketable experience. Craft top-notch content for real companies and startups. Position yourself for careers such as digital media, journalism, marketing, and communications -- or just about anything else.
- Write only about things you care about. Indicate the industries that interest you most. When you get offered a project, decide if it's right for you. Help devise your own topic, or put your own spin on topics assigned.
- Enjoy editorial support. We give writers clear instructions for every project, as well as helpful writing tips for every content type.
- Become a better writer. Learn by doing in a real-world setting. Our editors will carefully edit every piece you submit, and provide meaningful, constructive feedback when merited.
- Enjoy your freedom. Write from anywhere, on your own schedule. If you're admitted to our network, there's never any obligation or pressure to accept an assignment. (Of course, if you do accept a project, we'll naturally expect you -- as a professional freelancer -- to deliver on or before deadline.)
- Build your resume. It's no secret: It looks great to potential future employers.