Content Writers InternBusiness Services
INTERNSHIP-Writer for Facebook/blog for interior design industryRave Decor
Writing/Marketing INTERNSHIP-Writer for website/blogRave Decor
Travel Intern Abu Dhabiadventure emirates
Writing Coordinator/Editor757 Media
Student Writing Internships for Study Breaks MagazineStudy Breaks Magazine
Games News Writer (UNPAID)mxdwn.com
TUC MAGAZINE UNPAID Journalist / News Letters InternshipTuc Magazine LLC
Grant Writing InternBookmark This
Plant With Purpose
4747 Morena Blvd., Suite 100
San Diego, CA
Posted: October 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPlant With Purpose, a Christian development organization, reverses deforestation and poverty around the world by transforming the lives of the rural poor. For more than 30 years, Plant With Purpose has been a leader in linking international community development and environmental solutions, working with smallholder farmers in strategic areas where environmental degradation and poverty intersect. Plant With Purpose currently works in Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Mexico, Tanzania, and Thailand, employing an integrated methodology that combines environmental restoration, economic empowerment, and spiritual renewal. Activities include watershed restoration, reforestation, sustainable agriculture training, savings-and-loan groups, local leadership development, and supporting outreach efforts of the local Christian church.
Are you passionate about making the world a better place? Do you get jazzed about telling stories of hope and possibility? Are you energized by raising money to fight poverty? Do you believe that all people should be able to live with God-given hope and dignity? If the answer to all these questions is, “Yes, a thousand times, yes!” then this may just be the internship for you.
ResponsibilitiesAs a grant writing intern, you will support our development team by communicating with potential donors about the impact of our work, doing research on issues related to rural poverty and international development, and dreaming with us about ways to increase support for Plant With Purpose programs around the world. In other words:
- Research potential funders, grant opportunities, and industry trends (aka online sleuthing)
- Write and edit grant proposals and reports in collaboration with the staff grant writer (aka inspiring people to partner with us)
- Write and edit fundraising or awareness-raising materials (aka storytelling)
- Provide support to fundraising and communication efforts (aka being a part of the team)
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and the Internship Questionnaire to Kenzie Leas at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Internship Questionnaire can be found via plantwithpurpose.org/grant-writing-intern/
Applications due August 15. Internship dates can be flexible. If an early decision is needed, please specify in your application.
Requirements- Sincerely interested in the holistic environmental mission of Plant With Purpose and the diverse communities we seek to empower
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills; attention to detail and organization
- Motivation and willingness to initiate, self-start, and seek out solutions
- Excellent Internet research skills
- Creativity and critical thinking ability
- Adaptability and ability to work in a team setting
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Competent computer skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Preferably working toward a degree in communications, international development, nonprofit management, fundraising, journalism, or a related field
- Knowledge/experience in community development and/or international travel is a plus
- Ability to be in our office in San Diego 12-15 hours per week
While this is an unpaid internship, you will gain hands-on experience working closely with a creative, close-knit team who is inspired to achieve a lasting solution to rural poverty. We can also coordinate with your institution to offer academic credit for your experience.
Interested in learning more? Visit plantwithpurpose.org/internships
SkillsRequired - Writing/Editing
Preferred - Proofreading, Copy Editing, Research, Grant Writing, Fundraising