Content WriterPoplar Network
Content EditorPoplar Network
Blogging/Writing Interns NeededSitting for a Cause
Grant Writer InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Chinese Blog ( WeChat) WriterCalifornia Sunshine Regional Center LLC
Great opportunity for a writerRantBuzz
Blogger/Content WriterSunState Digital Solutions
Part Time Entertainment BloggerFeeling the Vibe Magazine
Grant Writing Internship - Potential for Growth!Bookmark This
New York City Community Services
1712 Kings Highway
Posted: December 04 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNYC Community Service is looking for an Intern with strong grant writing and fundraising skills. We are in need of an intern who is capable of researching funding opportunities and writing grants for eligible funding. This is a great opportunity for the right person to get their foot in the door and potentially grow from the ground up. Initially this is an unpaid position, but has a potential in becoming a full time paid position.
compensation: Daily stipend for transportation and lunch. Internship - potential for future paid position
ResponsibilitiesDuties include but not limited to:
• Identifying and researching appropriate grant opportunities across a variety of funding sources
(e.g., private foundations, public foundations, corporate giving, state and federal, etc.)
• Assist with donor outreach and cultivation
• Drafting Letters of Intent and grant paper/ materials
• Supporting Executive Director with grant needs
• Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
• Attending networking and learning seminars
• Education: Junior, Senior, graduate student or graduate with a strong background in writing.
• Experience: Previous experience in research and/or grant writing preferred. Understanding of or prior work/volunteer experience in a non-profit organization is a plus.
• Skills/Abilities: The qualified candidate will have excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing, phone and organizational skills. Ideal candidates will also be flexible team players, self-motivated and detail-oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, excellent phone manner and communication skills, ability to prioritize and work well under deadline. Computer aptitude and Microsoft Office experience required.
• Benefits: Opportunity to stretch your skills and be a key player in an up and coming organization. Enjoy a fun, flexible work environment where you can see the difference you are making every day. Develop relationships with grant-making community locally and nationally, as appropriate. Gain additional skills/networking at applicable professional development seminars or other outside training events.
SkillsRequired - Copy Editing
Preferred - Bid Writing, Grant Applications