Blogger/Content WriterSunState Digital Solutions
Part Time Entertainment BloggerFeeling the Vibe Magazine
Technical Writer Intern (2016-2147)Daktronics Inc.
Digital Writer and Content Producer (Intern)Benzinga
Content WritingEnterprise Monkey
Junior Staff WriterQuantumrun
Junior Health WriterQuantumrun
Junior Science WriterQuantumrun
5 Cummings Road
Posted: April 20 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSustainable Westford serves as a venue for bringing community together and raising awareness on issues of sustainability. We do this by providing education and inspiration on issues of sustainability. Working with the community and related organizations to advance our mutual missions, we provide access to local sustainable foods; recycling programs; renewable energy options; conservation of natural resources; and health and wellness programs. We support local farmers and food producers; foster connections between farmers / producers and the community; provide instruction in the growth, preparation of healthy foods.
This internship will include familiarizing oneself with Sustainable Westford's programs, goals and financial needs. One would need to research potential funding sources, as well as compose, send and keep careful records to track their proposals.
Responsibilities- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations
- Persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts
- Conducting prospect research
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements