Non Profit Grant WriterThe Thaddeus Foundation
Editorial & Marketing InternshipTumbling Dumpling Media
Writing & Social Media InternshipSkinny Ms.
Executive Catalyst InternBenzinga
Remote Student Writing InternshipsStudy Breaks Magazine
Innovation Grant & Proposal WriterTunnll
TUC MAGAZINE UNPAID Journalist InternshipTuc Magazine LLC
Job Opportunity for Content WriterBookmark This
Posted: February 23 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Full-time, Paid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionJob Title: Content Writer
Work Location:, Evanston, IL ,60201
Contract Duration: 6+ months (Contract to Hire )
Client: Cognitive Arts
Detailed Description below:
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is interested in impacting people at workplaces by developing training and helping them to improve their workplace skills. The successful candidate will work as part of a diverse team committed to developing cutting edge, highly interactive training systems in a wide range of subject matter domains. The teams work on training and development projects for Fortune 500 clients that impacts their employees and their partners.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to conduct one-on-one interviews with subject matter experts either in person or by phone for content acquisition
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast paced environment.
• Good follow-through skills
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Familiar with technology and able to handle end-user software independently.
• Ability to write dialog for characters that simulate typical workplace situations
• The candidates must have atleast 4 years of College Degree (Bachelors preferably in , Writing)
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Ability to master new content and subject matter quickly
• Friendly, professional disposition
• Flexibility and open-mindedness about work assignments and situations
• Excellent computer skills: Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PPT are required, as is the ability and willingness to learn new programs and applications on the fly; familiarity with standard Adobe CS products (i.e., Captivate, Flash, etc.) is particularly helpful (but not required for consideration)
• Ability to communicate with clients and colleagues in a professional, confident manner (via phone, email, and in person)
• Ability to work independently, adhere to deadlines, manage your own workload, and discern when it might be a good idea to ask a question and when it might be best to just make a decision and run with it
• Ability to adapt writing style to the needs of a particular project and the whims of a larger team
• Interview and gather content from subject matter experts.
• Analyze other content source materials.
• Draft course content, e.g. analysis documents and scripts.
• Maintain accurate records of client requests and edits.
• Select photos and other images to be used in the courses.
• Construct courses using proprietary content development tools.
• Test courses, proofread and edit all text.
• Interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to learn about the topic
• Thinking up interesting scenarios or storylines for use in the training, in partnership with the Instructional Designer
• Writing a script for a course ba