Student Writing Internships with Study Breaks MagazineStudy Breaks Magazine
Entertainment Writers Wanted - Attend Free Concerts, Festivals, Foodie Events etc.Downtown Weekly LA
Editorial / Journalism InternGiva, Inc
Editorial InternshipApplause Africa Magazinee
Technology Writer InternSolutions Review
Writing Internships with Study Breaks MagazineStudy Breaks Magazine
Student Writing InternshipStudy Breaks Magazine
Sense of Humor and editorPitter Pattering Paws
Junior Health WriterBookmark This
Posted: October 20 2016
Company Location: Toronto, IL
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWE ARE QUANTUMRUN
Quantumrun is the bleeding edge. We write about how your life will change because of the revolutions happening today in technology, science, health, and culture (but without the jargon filled, science speak). While you might think the future is a scary place, we’re on a mission to make it accessible to everyone.
WHAT WE STAND FOR
We believe in being educated about the trends shaping our future. We believe being informed about future developments in technology, science, health, and culture is empowering. We believe that knowing what's coming allows us to contribute to the future and not become a victim of it. At Quantumrun, we want to spark a conversation, engage with our readers and ultimately help shape a better future, together.
As a Quantumrun (QR) Health Writer, your position will involve working closely with the various QR divisions to bring together all elements needed for a successful publication. While you will be supervised, trained, and mentored by experienced QR staffers, most work will be done virtually over the course of the year.
In all, the QR team is looking for Health Writers to produce quality articles for its website that cover a wide range of topics but with a focus on how they will change the future.
Job Title: Junior Health Writer
Reports to: Section Editors and Editor-In-Chief
Start date: Immediately
End date: TBD, depends on your school schedule
Hours: 5-10 hours per month depending on projects assigned
• All QR staff members will receive a reference letter after four months of successful service to the publication. You will be able to use the founder as a personal reference after eight months of successful service.
• Be provided with a large orientation package and training process that will provide you with the tools to grow professionally.
• You'll be able to add by-lines to your portfolio from an exciting new publication.
• You will be trained how to edit articles and publish them online.
• You'll be a part of a (really big) team that's doing great work!
TO APPLY: Send us your résumé and attach THREE SAMPLES of your best pieces of writing, published or unpublished, to: HR@Quantumrun.com
Director, Human Resources
• Producing technology focused articles based on personal or public interest, or as requested by the QR editing staff.
• Interviewing subject matter experts and high profile individuals to comment on your article's subject matter.
• Conducting extensive research to discover topics that are factual and original by using as many resources as possible.
• During the final stages of writing, being able to receive constructive feedback and revising work accordingly.
• Present edited and polished material for the publication in the required format.
• Creating goals and deadlines for one self to help with organization and accomplishment of work.
• Be an active student (rare exceptions apply)
• A background in journalism and/or a strong interest and knowledge of the health and medical industry
• A high level of skill using the English language (spelling, punctuation, grammar, rules of composition, etc), as well as a strong understanding of the rules around proper citation and plagiarism.
• A clear, entertaining and clever style of writing. Specifically, being able to write in ways that are appropriate for the Quantumrun’s target audience of progressive and tech savvy 20-40 somethings.
• Ability to work produce quality articles within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
• Critical and creative thinker able to come up with a number of quality ideas for new articles and how to approach writing them.
• Highly organized, committed and with an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.