Experienced Freelance Writer WantedMasterra
Social Media Blog Writing InternBuzzlogix
Student Writer Internships for Study BreaksStudy Breaks Magazine
Medical Writer and Proof Readerlabfinder
Copy Writing InternClean the World
Rock Music Reviewermxdwn.com
Editorial / Journalism InternVoyage Study Abroad
Student Writer Internships for Study Breaks MagazineStudy Breaks Magazine
Online Writing/Journalism InternBookmark This
New York Minute Magazine
Posted: November 18 2015
Company Location: New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionNOTE: this internship is unpaid, but we offer academic credit to all interns. All candidates must be current undergraduate or graduate students.
New York Minute Magazine is a rapidly growing online startup, with a virtual office. At NYMM, we know that life can be busy, so we strive to provide our readers with a daily dose of useful and enjoyable entertainment that can be read in a ‘New York Minute’. Visit our website http://www.newyorkminutemag.com/) to learn more!
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Our motto is “Your Story Starts Here”, because we are passionate about helping interns in their road to success. Still a newbie in your field? No problem. We’ll help you get to where you want to go.
- We offer internships year-round, with flexible hours and an upbeat work environment! Our positions are perfect for current students.
- We have a completely virtual office, so you can work from ANYWHERE and there’s no commute!
- We have all of our meetings via video call, so get ready for casual Friday every day, and by casual Friday we mean wearing your pajamas at 4 pm on a Tuesday.
- We are very serious about having fun. No bores allowed! (You better be caught up on your Game of Thrones!)
- Write about 3 articles a week, or a daily article to be published M-F
- Edit your own work prior to submission
- Submit all articles by the required deadlines
- Contribute ideas for new columns or new content
- Share your work on Social Media platforms to boost readership
RequirementsABOUT THE POSITION:
As a writer for NYMM, you’ll be serving up a daily dose of humor and entertainment for our readers. Our writers cover about anything from sports, to music, to hilarious Tinder nightmares. We’re always looking to enhance our content, so there’s always room for new writers and new ideas! Our goal is to give our readers quick, entertaining, and practical information in every article. This would be a great experience for a writer looking to add to their portfolio!
***Only applications with a cover letter, resume, and two writing samples will be considered. Send applications to joinnymm@NewYorkMinuteMag.com***
- Familiarity with AP formatting and journalism
- Extensive research skills
- Ability to take direction well
- Some past experience as a writer/journalist preferred
- Ability to write humorous content
- An interest in writing topics that appeal to college-aged readers or young adults