Non Profit Grant WriterThe Thaddeus Foundation
Editorial & Marketing InternshipTumbling Dumpling Media
Writing & Social Media InternshipSkinny Ms.
Executive Catalyst InternBenzinga
Remote Student Writing InternshipsStudy Breaks Magazine
Innovation Grant & Proposal WriterTunnll
TUC MAGAZINE UNPAID Journalist InternshipTuc Magazine LLC
Recruitment InternBookmark This
Posted: February 04 2016
Company Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionWho we are and What we do
Balanced University is unlike any other health and wellness magazine because we focus on what’s realistic and recognize the individualized process that losing weight and living a balanced life is. We are an online magazine for college students, since college is usually the first time people have to make healthy choices on their own.
As a recruitment intern, you will get to help build BalancedUniversity.com by managing writing interns and editing their work. You will be part of an amazing team, recruiting and interviewing new writers for the website. If you have a passion for healthy living, enjoy being put into leadership roles, and you have an uncanny love of grammar, this internship is for YOU.
The Role of the Recruitment Intern
• Support Balanced University writing interns with bi-weekly checkins and brainstorming sessions via Google Hangout, Skype, phone calls.
• Promote, promote, promote Balanced University both online and at in person events when possible.
• Work closely with the co-founder of the website
• Edit your assigned intern’s articles and publish to the website
• Must check in weekly with supervisor
• Must be creative and not be afraid to voice ideas and opinions to supervisor
• Must always conduct him or herself in a professional manner and represent
BalancedUniversity.com in an appropriate manner
• Must be able to commit to at least 10 hours a week
• Must have great interpersonal communication skills
This is an unpaid internship opportunity, however, the experience you will gain in fostering the professional development of others, and editing writing of all styles and skill levels, is invaluable. This is a great opportunity for entry-level work, and you will get to work directly with the company’s CEO.
Responsibilities*manage writer's deadlines (remind them when deadlines approach, contact them when a deadline has passed, etc)
*communicate with writing interns
*edit writers' articles and add photographs when necessary
*communicate with supervisor and the rest of the recruitment team
• Leadership experience
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Practice what you preach! Competitive candidates will embody all aspects of a
healthy lifestyle: Physical, Mental, and Spiritual (whatever those three things
mean to you, let their importance show in your day to day life!)