Writing/Marketing/Program Internsxyza: news for kids
Technical Content Writer Intern - $8/hrFiber Optics For Sale Co.
Writers + Storytellers for Social Good Non-ProfitCoCre
Marketing Content and Social Media ManagerAwesome and Amazing Company
Web Content WriterAwesome and Amazing Company
Writer InternGreat American Group
Remote Student Writing InternshipsStudy Breaks Magazine
Blogger/Content WriterSunState Digital Solutions
Editing/Writing InternBookmark This
244 Fifth Avenue, Suite E211 New York NY 10001
New York, NY
Posted: April 10 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
DescriptionEverlasting Footprint is a digital platform and social networking site dedicated to preserving everyday people's life stories and legacies, and celebrating the lives of those who have passed away. Please visit the website to learn more about the Founders, the mission, and how the social network works:
You can also visit any of our published Footprints as examples of the work that we do, including:
Steve Jobs’ Footprint: http://www.everlastingfootprint.com/stevejobs
Amy Winehouse’s Footprint: http://www.everlastingfootprint.com/amywinehouse
Depending on the assignment completed and the quality of the individual’s work, our interns may be given named credit (a “byline”) for their writing if it is featured on our company blog. This is an opportunity for interns to establish not only future reference contacts, but usable portfolio material as well. We will also be interested in screening interns for future paid positions as Staff Writers and Assistant Editors.
Interns will not need to travel, and will report to our managing editor via email two to three times per week. Interns will be expected to work at least 20 hours per week. This position will turn into full time if mutual fits exist.
ResponsibilitiesInterns with Everlasting Footprint will be asked to perform a variety of tasks for the site, including but not limited to:
- Posting on the company’s social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Wordpress
- Researching data such as dates, names, and interesting quotes or facts for celebrities or other persons of interest to assist our professional writers in composing biographies
- Researching search engine optimization (SEO) keyword data for the purposes of article and blog writing. Researching data for celebrities on social networks and Google Analytics.
- Drafting, contributing to, or editing short stories (approximately 300 words apiece) for
celebrities or other persons of interest, as assigned
- Collecting photos or video links, or researching for additional information about photos and videos. Some amateur photo editing may be required, which could be completed using software available to students on FSU’s campus (such as Adobe Photoshop). No video editing will be necessary or required of interns.
- Monitoring of news networks and sites for pertinent information for blog and website publication
- Conducting brief interviews with assigned people of interest, and submitting drafts of interview notes to be used either for publication directly or as a source for our Writers
We are also particularly interested in any student who has experience or interest in writing grant applications.