Blog WriterBreak the Silence Against Domestic Violence
Creative Writing / Blogging - Fun Swiss Watch Brand - NY NYChronspire
Contributing Writer InternBeCause Water Benefit Corp
Copy Editor for MagazineRebel Lifestyle Magazine
ALL WRITERS NEED FOR MAGAZINE (sports, fashion, beauty, lifestyle, entertainment and more)Rebel Lifestyle Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternGiva, Inc
SPRING 2017 WRITING INTERNSHIPThe Shark Group
Writing & Editing Intern at a Social Impact StartupVisit.org
Writing & Editing Intern at a Social Impact StartupBookmark This
69 Charlton Street
New York, NY
Posted: September 13 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBased in NYC and founded in early 2015, visit.org is a technology platform for curated travel experiences offered by nonprofits around the globe. Travelers use visit.org to add half- to multi-day immersive experiences to their itinerary, and revenues are channeled back to the local community through the host organizations. By offering nonprofits an innovative, sustainable way to raise funds and awareness for their causes, we’ve already attracted hundreds of organizations to create content-rich profile pages on visit.org and thousands of users to register and book tours through our platform. Building on this success, we are creating the world’s #1 platform for visiting impactful nonprofits, allowing millions of users to discover, support, and interact with organizations both virtually and in-person.
ResponsibilitiesWhat will you do?
- Compose and edit tour itineraries for hosting organizations from all over the world
- Come up with sharp and attractive titles/taglines for our partner organizations
- Assist with language in our applications for funding opportunities
- Utilize existing content to spread our message on various social media outlets
- Initiate and innovate! We encourage ideas and suggestions and the opportunity to grow within our company
What do we offer?
This internship is unpaid. We highly encourage candidates who can receive school credit to apply. You will increase your knowledge of the global tech & social good sector and gain substantial, easily demonstrable experience in your areas of interest. Experts in the industry will guide your work. We work at a fun co-working space in NYC.
RequirementsJoin us! We are working hard at building the world’s first online marketplace for tours that benefit communities. We are looking for a brilliant, motivated Website Content Writing Intern to join our small team in NYC.
The right candidate is:
- Able to inspire action through words
- Fastidious in his/her use of proper English syntax and grammar
- Extremely reliable, independent, and resourceful
- Creative, creative, creative
- Excited to work and learn in a startup environment
- Knowledge of foreign languages and cultures is a plus
SkillsRequired - Writing and Editing
Preferred - Foreign Languages