work with the smart girls in washington, dc - summer/fall writers, social media & design internsBookmark This
luri & wilma
Descriptionup and coming online magazine which focuses on the vintage, handmade and eco-friendly in washington, dc is looking for interns to help with writing assignments, photo shoots, design work and social media.
about luri & wilma:
at luri & wilma we are more than a blog or an online magazine, we are a way of life. vintage, handmade and eco-friendly encompass so much more than just fashion and beauty, and that's where our contributing authors come in. we are looking for writers who can share their personal voice with a flair for all things green in a super casual, yet witty writing style.
we are looking for interns to commit 5-10 hours a week in exchange for college credit. after the semester, interns may be hired on as contract writer, photographer, etc. if you are looking to expand your design portfolio or get some experience with an online magazine, this is the spot.
Responsibilities1. help source premium, relevant content ideas across a variety of eco-gal approved categories (good eats, fashion, home, business, etc.) and source related photography.
2. grow awareness of the luri & wilma brand through targeted relationships, personal networks and marketing campaigns.
3. use technology and modern marketing techniques to manage the local luri & wilma social media presence including twitter, facebook, pinterest, and foursquare. identify new methods for socializing and distributing luri & wilma content.
4. assist with reader events by securing and collecting swag bag donations, facilitating rsvp lists and check-in, photographing events and event logistics.
5. partner with charitable organizations, campus groups, young professional groups and other entities on promotional opportunities to grow subscribership.
6. write editorial content keeping luri & wilma’s style in mind; interview green community rock stars, indie business owners, slow fashion designers, etc when necessary.
7. contribute to contact management systems; assist with administrative duties.
Requirementshave a love for all things eco-chic
have some experience with writing/blogging
have a casual, clever writing style with a knowledge of some southern terminology – including the coveted phrase y’all
be totally self-sufficient and able to plan, research and edit your topics of expertise
source and accurately attribute images and subject matter
be able to work in WordPress and contribute at least once a week to the blog
must be able to follow the luri & wilma style guide