Blogger Extraordinaire InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Editors invited to intern for The Epoch Herald, an international magazine.The Epoch Herald
Content Writers Whose Interests Are Entertainment/Lifestyle7 City Events
Human Resources InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
EDMX/Vh1 Supersonic EDM Editorial Blog InternshipEDMX
Grant Writing InternFeeding Children Everywhere
Journalists, Bloggers, Writers Looking for Website Content ProfessionalsEmpower, Inc.
Office InternTickleMe Entertainment
Writer (Content Mgmt.)Bookmark This
Posted: December 18 2015
Company Location: Tallahassee, FL
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionParticipate in online publications (see requirements).
RequirementsTypical work activities
Typical activities are likely to include some or all of the following:
- researching the market including reading relevant publications or blogs, and staying up to date with writing that is being produced in your chosen field;
- selecting subject matter based on personal or public interest, or commissioned by a publisher or agent;
- undertaking background research including desk based research and conducting site visits or interviews;
- writing individual pieces, including using the technical skills of writing and being able to structure and plan individual projects;
- editing, revising and reviewing work especially in response to feedback;
- working to tight deadlines, especially for theater, screen and radio;
- submitting material for publication in the required and expected format;
- networking with other writers, as well as others involved in the industry such as publishers, booksellers and organizers of literary events;
- liaising with publishers, agents, script editors, producers and directors;
- finding, pursuing and maintaining knowledge of publication opportunities;
- marketing including maintaining an online presence through a website, blog or social media presence;
- talking about your work at events and conducting readings or book signings;
- teaching writing in further or higher education settings or running workshops privately;
- critiquing the work of other writers including sometimes providing mentoring or coaching services;
SkillsRequired - Copy Editing, Essays, American English
Preferred - WordPress, Basic HTML