Part Time Entertainment BloggerFeeling the Vibe Magazine
Technical Writer Intern (2016-2147)Daktronics Inc.
Digital Writer and Content Producer (Intern)Benzinga
Content WritingEnterprise Monkey
Junior Staff WriterQuantumrun
Junior Health WriterQuantumrun
Junior Science WriterQuantumrun
Junior Technology WriterQuantumrun
Writer / Editor InternshipBookmark This
451 Hungerford Drive Suite 503
Posted: March 23 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Founded in 2002, Links Media (www.linksmedia.net) is a full-service information, education, and communications company. Its professional service offerings include project management; market assessments; strategic planning and program implementation using information technology; capacity building and training with e-learning; development and distribution of materials and products including web sites, videos, publications, databases, and social media; partnership development, training, and technical assistance; knowledge dissemination through marketing, public relations, advertising, and outreach; and monitoring and evaluation.
About the Internship
Duration: 12 weeks at 20 hours per week
Location: Links Media offices in Rockville, MD
The writer/editor internship's focus will be research and the writing and editing of a variety of informative and promotional materials. The intern will learn about internal and external company communications in the government services field and a variety of technical sectors that may include international development, public health, education, environmental, and more, and have an opportunity to write according to style guides e.g. APA, Chicago. Interns that possess additional language skills may have the opportunity to develop materials in those languages.
• Students must currently be in college or a recent graduate.
• Internships can only take place in our office.
• Interns requiring credits from a college or university are required to coordinate paperwork with the college or university.
• Interns will be given a workplan with specific tasks and deliverables and timelines for completion.
• Interns are expected to follow instructions from their assigned supervisor and ask for feedback and support to complete their assignments when needed.
• Interns must attend capacity building activities including training, demonstrations and coaching sessions.
• Interns must adhere to our professional code of standards and practices to be communicated by our assigned staff upon starting the internship.
• Interns must complete their assignments on time and produce industry standard acceptable quality work as determined by their assigned supervisor.
• Interns are required to document their progress in the completion of their tasks and deliverables.
• Interns will evaluate their internship experience and accomplishments as part of a general evaluation to be conducted by their assigned supervisor.
• Applicants should have proficiency in reading and writing English, a relevant degree, proficiency in MS Office Word working in Windows or OS
** Applicants may also post and share a video on Vimeo or Youtube expressing their interest in the internship and company.