Boston Accounting Internship
Are you looking for accounting internships in Boston, MA? Accountants are at the forefront of businesses today. With more and more accounting functions being automated, accountants often focus on analysis, interpretation, and business strategy.
Accountants work in four key areas: accounting, auditing, assurance, and tax. While there are many promising career options in the accounting and finance field, especially for Certified Professional Accountants (CPAs), employers seek candidates who are more than analytical; they must also be good communicators and team players.
A summer accounting internship in Boston will help you learn the in's and outs of Microsoft Excel, which you’ll utilize extensively as an intern.
In small companies where you need to do bookkeeping, invoicing, and bill paying, you’ll use systems such as Xero, Quickbooks, and Freshbooks. In mid-size accounting firms where you need tools for sales order processing, inventory and warehouse management, workflows, purchase order, and advanced reporting, you’ll utilize systems like Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, Intacct and NetSuite. In large accounting firms, you’ll utilize in-house software or accounting systems such as SAP and Oracle.
Becoming a CPA will open doors to employment. Certification requirements vary by state but you’ll most likely need to earn a bachelor’s degree (including some accounting classes), pass certification exams, and complete continuing education.
What can you expect as an accounting intern in Boston?
Boston is the capital of Massachusetts, the largest city in New England and one of the most economically powerful cities in the world. Located on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, the city is a major healthcare, financial and educational hub - each industry playing a vital role in its economy.
Some of the city’s largest employers include CPA firms like Wolf & Company, P.C. and Alexander Aronson Finning CPAs.
With more than 12 million annual visitors from around the world, there are many exciting activities to enjoy while taking a break from your accounting internship. If you’re interning in the summer, then try and catch a Red Sox baseball game at Fenway Park. Boston is referred to as “the walking city,” so it’s perfect for students living on campus that don’t have a car.
If your dream is to live in Boston after graduation, then landing an accounting internship in Boston is a smart strategy. Most importantly, experiencing the city during your internship will help you decide the city is a good fit for you.
Ready to get started? Start searching for accounting internships in Boston below.
Search For Accounting Internships In Boston, MA
MORE 2017 INTERNSHIPS IN BOSTON, MA
- Administration Internships in Boston, MA
- Business Internships in Boston, MA
- Communication Internships in Boston, MA
- Design Internships in Boston, MA
- Development Internships in Boston, MA
- Education Internships in Boston, MA
- Management Internships in Boston, MA
- Marketing Internships in Boston, MA
- Media Internships in Boston, MA
- Non-profit Internships in Boston, MA
- Paid Internships in Boston, MA
- Production Internships in Boston, MA
- Research Internships in Boston, MA
- Sales Internships in Boston, MA
- Social Media Internships in Boston, MA
- Software Internships in Boston, MA
- Student Internships in Boston, MA
- Summer Internships in Boston, MA
- Technology Internships in Boston, MA
- Writing Internships in Boston, MA