Office AssistantBookmark This
The Chamber, Gadsden/Etowah County
One Commerce Square
Posted: October 22 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThis is an UNPAID internship, however college credit is available.
The Chamber of Gadsden/Etowah County is dedicated to enhancing the areas’ economy and being an advocate and resource for employers. We work to gather individual businesses together to create a greater influence and a targeted, focused marketing effort. Our mission is to ensure the continued viability and success of commerce and industry in Gadsden and Etowah County. We strive to be the strongest business network dedicated to promoting economic development, resiliency and growth throughout the county.
We are constituted by business owners and industry dedicated to the success of our communities through a voluntary membership. Our members’ greatest desire is to see the success of our economy be ensured for future generations. Members enjoy benefits such as networking opportunities, educational workshops and public forums.
The Chamber works with many partners such as the City of Gadsden, Etowah County, Etowah Tourism Board, the Gadsden-Etowah County Industrial Development Authority, Gadsden Commercial Development Authority and Downtown Gadsden Inc., as well as all municipalities throughout Etowah County to attract new business, visitors, retirees and other individuals seeking to relocate to our area.
Responsibilities- Front desk reception
- Monitor calendars, schedule appointments
- Assist with Social Media marketing
- Member contacts for various purposes
- Assist with event planning and implementation
- Various other duties as assigned
Requirements- Understand cost-reduction principles and how to implement goals
- Possess skills at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategy
- Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization
- Possess excellent communications skills, ability to address public via phone, email and in-person
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook